The following set of commands assume that you begin with a Mac OS X that does not have any of the necessities already installed. You can, thus, skip anything you have already done, e.g., if you have already installed Xcode, skip to Step 2.
- Install the Xcode development and command line tool environment.
- Install the MacPorts basic installation.
- Install Python 2.7 for math, science, and NLP.
- Install iPython and select it like you did for Python:
port select --set ipython ipython27
- Install iPython notebook. (And here’s a list of dependencies in case the notebook installation doesn’t complete by itself.)