Someone who tended to those who have gone home to die has posted a list of the [common wishes] she encountered. The longer notes explaining each wish are worth reading, but for the condensed version to tape to that space near where your mind passes each and every day, here’s the short version:
1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
2. I wish I didn’t work so hard.
3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.
[common wishes]: http://www.inspirationandchai.com/Regrets-of-the-Dying.html