The DARPA funded Power Pwn hit the [blogosphere][zd] [last][eg] [week][fo]. This thing should scare the bejeezus out of just about anyone whose life intersects with large organizations — and that includes almost anyone in the developed world. Getting one of these things into place would be very easy, all you need is just a little bit of wherewithal.
The Power Pwn is described as “a fully-integrated enterprise-class penetration testing platform” that has an “ingenious form-factor.”
The Power Pwn is marketed as a penetration testing tool and is fully-loaded with hardware and software to allow it to hack into a number of different networks. The device features:
* Onboard high-gain 802.11b/g/n wireless
* Onboard high-gain Bluetooth (up to 1000′)
* Onboard dual-Ethernet
* Fully functional 120/240v AC outlets!
* Includes 16GB internal disk storage
* Includes external 3G/GSM adapter
* Includes all release 1.1 features
* Fully-automated NAC/802.1x/RADIUS bypass!
* Out-of-band SSH access over 3G/GSM cell networks!
* Text-to-Bash: text in bash commands via SMS!
* Simple web-based administration with “Plug UI”
* One-click Evil AP, stealth mode, & passive recon
* Maintains persistent, covert, encrypted SSH access to your target network
* Tunnels through application-aware firewalls & IPS
* Supports HTTP proxies, SSH-VPN, & OpenVPN
* Sends email/SMS alerts when SSH tunnels are activated
* Preloaded with Debian 6, Metasploit, SET, Fast-Track, w3af, Kismet, Aircrack, SSLstrip, nmap, Hydra, dsniff, Scapy, Ettercap, Bluetooth/VoIP/IPv6 tools, & more!
Unpingable and no listening ports in stealth mode
* The Power Pwn also features an unlocked 3G/GSM adapter that’s compatible with GSM carriers in over 160 countries.