Here’s what I have done so far:
1. CTRL-Clicked in the “Click to Add Printer” Pane of Print & Fax in System Preferences and RESET the printing system.
2. Deleted the /Library/Printers/Canon/BJPrinter directory.
3. Deleted the /CFMSupport/BJExtDDI.cfm file.
4. Restarted my computer.
5. Downloaded the latest Canon install package, mp600osxpd583ej7.dmg, with a creation date of 2007-11-08.
6. Installed the Canon MP600 583.pkg package.
7. Restarted my computer.
8. Reconnected the MP600 to the Airport Extreme.
9. Returned to Print & Fax, clicked on Add Printer. The MP 600 turns up in the dialogue window that comes up and is listed as a Bonjour Device.
10. I clicked ADD.
11. The process hangs until I get an error sheet:
> An error occurred while trying to add the selected printer. Error:-9672
3/17/08 19:07:02 [0x0-0x14014].com.apple.print.add Error -9672, badly formatted ticket XML – Bad XMLStart:
3/17/08 19:07:02 [0x0-0x14014].com.apple.print.add Bad XMLEnd
Every 8 seconds one of these is getting posted to the console:
3/17/08 19:18:36 mDNSResponder Error getting external address 3
Every 40 seconds CUPS Access_log is getting one of these:
localhost – – [17/Mar/2008:19:14:24 -0500] “POST / HTTP/1.1” 200 1941 CUPS-Get-Devices –